Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,857 pages of information and 228,791 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

A. Tylor and Co

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search

of Cardiff, Colliery proprietors

c.1873 The company sank a pit in the Rhondda Fach which became Tylorstown Collieries

1881 Dissolution of the Partnership which has for some time past been carried on by Alfred Tylor, William Henry Tylor, Joseph John Tylor, and William Alfred Tylor, under the firm of A. Tylor and Co., at 123, Bute-street, Cardiff, and 5, East India-avenue, London, in the trade or business of Colliery Proprietors. The business was carried on under the same firm by Alfred Tylor, William Henry Tylor, and Joseph John Tylor, in conjunction with Louis Tylor, of Cardiff, and Herbert Kirkhouse of Tylorstown.[1].

1894 At an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Members of A. Tylor and Company Limited, it was decided that "Whereas pursuant to an agreement bearing date the 30th of September, 1893, and made between the Company of the one part and D. Davis and Sons Limited of the other part, the leasehold properties of the Company and goodwill of the business and the undertaking of the Company generally, has been sold and assigned to D. Davis and Sons Limited, and, for the purposes of the division of the surplus assets amongst the Shareholders of the Company, it is necessary that the affairs of the Company should be liquidated." Louis Tylor, of Cardiff, one of the Directors of the Company, was appointed Liquidator.[2]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. London Gazette 6 Mar 1883
  2. London Gazette 23 Feb 1894