A. and C. Stevenson
1936 D. and C. Stevenson was reformed as A. and C. Stevenson, at 90A George Street, Edinburgh. The new firm's workload was much reduced, relying principally on the family's commission as joint engineers to the Clyde Lighthouses Trust.
1940 Charles Stevenson retired, after which (David) Alan Stevenson continued to act solely as the Trust's engineer.
1952 Alan retired - this marked the end of nearly a century and a half of continuous service by Stevenson engineers to the Trust.
Sources of Information
- Biography of David Alan Stevenson, ODNB