Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,958 pages of information and 210,199 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Wandsworth Park.
of Crawley (1950)
1946 Public company
1948 Change of name to The A.P.V. Company Ltd
1950 Ordinary share issue. Manufacturer of process plant and equipment in many non-ferrous metals for dairy, brewery, chemical, food, etc industries. Acquired new factory in Crawley to which the work would be transferred from the two sites in Wandsworth and one in Shepherd's Bush. Dr Richard Joseph Simon Seligman was chairman.
By 1967 was APV Holdings, a holding company for processing and heat-transfer equipment
1970 Divisions exhibiting at ACHEMA were:
1974 Dr. K. A. G. Miller was appointed as managing director with effect from 1st June. Dr. Miller succeeded Mr. H. P. N. Benson who remained as deputy chairman of the company, and continued as deputy Chairman of APV Holdings and as group managing director. Dr. Willer also joined the APV Holdings board following his previous position as engineering adviser and head of engineering for ICI.
1986 Siebe bid for APV; Siebe already supplied gaskets to APV and saw potential for introducing advanced technology but the bid failed.
1987 APV acquired Baker Perkins Holdings; the group was renamed APV Baker, and would cover every sector of food processing machinery, as well as other areas including rocket fuel and breathing systems for submariners
1989 Expansion into bottling machinery; sold the printing machinery business PMC acquired with Baker Perkins, which needed capital investment, to Rockwell; sold the plate heat exchanger factory at Crawley
See also A. P. V. Co (Australia)