of Piercy Street, off Mill Street, Ancoats
- 1841 Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841 lists Alexander & Adam Dunn, ironfounders, 9 Piercy Street; Adam Dunn: house 143 Every Street; Alexander Dunn: house Tutbury Street, Every Street. At that time, Every Street was probably quite a desirable area, having open land immediately to the east.
- 1849 The large scale 1849 O.S. map  shows the foundry located between the Ashton, Oldham & Stockport Canal and Piercy Street, and bounded by Piercy Street Sizing Works and Wellington Mills. The map shows a yard and a building approx 40 ft by 100 ft, and a number of smaller buildings.
- 1850 Listed as Alex and Adam Dunn, Ironfounders, 6 Piercy Street .
- 1917 Advert for castings in Iron and Brass 
- 1919 Advert for castings in Iron and Brass . A variety of castings are shown, including gearwheels, lamp posts, parts for 'John Cameron'-type steam pumps, and what appears to be a base for a grinder machine
Sources of Information
- ↑ 'The Godfrey Edition Old Ordnance Survey Maps' Manchester Sheet 30, Ancoats 1849 
- ↑ Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1850
- ↑ Mechanical World Year Book 1917. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p221
- ↑ Mechanical World Year Book 1919. Published by Emmott and Co of Manchester. Advert p270