Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 132,804 pages of information and 210,387 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Sir Wm. Angus Sanderson and Co of Newcastle upon Tyne
1850 Maker of axles for Brougham
1907 Coach builders and motor body builders
At some point merged with Sanderson’s Coachbuilders of St Thomas Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
1912 William Angus died; his son Thomas Knox Angus continued in business as a coach builder
WWI Maker of aeroplanes.
1919 Announced intention to produce "assembled" Angus-Sanderson cars, with coach building in the ex-aircraft factory and other parts made in other factories, such as the engine which was made by Tylor and Son of Kings Cross
1919-27 Maker of 14 hp cars.
After a further few hundred cars had been completed at Birtley, production was moved to the old Grahame-White aircraft works in Hendon, Middlesex.
The new company was free of the financial worries of the old one and the car was being produced under one roof at Hendon
1927 The last cars, almost certainly assembled from existing stocks of parts, were completed in 1927. It is estimated that approximately 3,000 Angus-Sanderson cars were made, most of them in the firm's early years, of which only a tiny handful survives.