Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,379 pages of information and 219,138 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
formerly in Cannon row, Westminster
1851 Established by a group of architects led by George Gilbert Scott for the purpose of improving the education of architectural art-workers. Its collections primarily consisted of plaster casts of European Gothic architectural ornament, original examples of decorative ironwork, tiles, woodcarving, sculptural stonework, stained glass and architectural models, plans and drawings.
Became the Royal Architectural Museum
1857 Moved to the new South Kensington Museum (now the Victoria and Albert Museum)
1869 Moved to Tufton Street