October 1962. Front cover.
October 1962. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial. Transverse Engine Installation — The Future? 369
- London Motor Show. A preview of the exhibits of the British manufacturers of quantity-produced cars 370
- Self-energizing Disc Brake. A new Dunlop design especially suitable for low price cars 379
- Radiator Design and Construction. A review of current practice, with special reference to the experience of Coventry Motor Fittings Co. Ltd, and some notes on the use of aluminium 380
- International Forum. Readers' views, and contributions from their experience in respect of subjects of articles we have published recently. D. H. Ballard, Leonard Segal, V. E. Gough. 384
- The Lockheed Anti-locking Device. Low-cost system designed for use with conventional hydraulic brake layouts 386
- Hestair Optical Comparator. Magnoptic model 6/60 projects a six-inch field 389
- Engine Ignition. Radical departures from the conventional can be expected soon in the spark ignition system 390
- Assembly of Ford Cortina Front Suspension. An interesting five-station rotary transfer machine used in assembling the front suspension legs of the new model from Dagenham 404
- New Plant and Tools. Recent interesting developments in production equipment 408
Sources of Information