October 1963. Front cover.
October 1963. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial Oil Change Periods. 425
- London Motor Show. A preview of the new exhibits of British manufacturers of quantity-produced cars. 428
- Tractor and Semi-trailer Handling. Directional stability and control of a tractor and semi¬trailer combination in a flat turn F. JINDRA. 438
- Liquid Envelope. A protective coating, which can be stripped and recovered, for use in pressing operations and general storage applications. 447
- Inertia-stabilized Suspension. Hydraulic power used to improve ride and stabilize the vehicle. 448
- Polypropylene in the Vauxhall Viva. Injection moulded trim panels with leather grain finish. 451
- Hillman Imp Cylinder Block. Details of the casting and machining operations employed in the manufacture of this interesting low-pressure diecasting. 454
- Current Patents. Selected abstracts of recently issued specifications. 464
Sources of Information