November 1964. Front cover.
November 1964. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- Editorial. Commercial vehicle design progress 463
- Engines. Greater power outputs, more compact installations, and a differentially supercharged diesel engine 464
- Clutches and Transmissions. Increasing popularity of overdrives, an interesting new synchromesh system, and strong emphasis on automatic transmissions 470
- Centre Bearings and Final Drives. An unusual differential locking device. Future requirements are, more than ever before, preoccupying manufacturers 479
- Suspension and Steering. As an outcome of increased loads and speeds, attention is focused on keeping the wheels on the ground under wind-up conditions 482
- Brakes. Unusually wide variety of new equipment offered: accent on safety 490
- Electrical Equipment. A.C. generators about to replace the dynamo. Printed circuits, dual-intensity warning lamps and new lighting developments among the exhibits for the first time 495
- Selected abstracts of recently issued specifications 501
Editor: T. K. Garrett
Managing Director: H. N. Priaulx
Sources of Information