May 1965. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- 169. Editorial. Air pollution—unknown factors
- 170. Singer Chamois Part II: Transmission, suspension and steering. An appraisal of the design of the first British rear engine car to be produced in large quantities
- 179. Engineering courses, conferences and seminars
- 180. Rear-, front- or four-wheel drive? Comparison of the cornering performance of cars with these drive arrangements P. J. Bourke
- 184. Books. Comments on recent publications relevant to automobile engineering
- 186. Distortion in carburizing steels. An investigation to ascertain whether the distortion can be controlled so that it can be made uniform and predictable, and therefore allowed for
- 193. Automatic painting of steering wheels. An unusual application of the two principles in the spray painting of hard rubber steering wheels at the factory of Clifford Covering Co. Ltd.
- 198. Forging steel tubes. In the specialized technique of precision tube forging, some heavy components can be made to such accuracies that little machining is required
- 200. New plant and tools. Recent interesting developments in production equipment
- 203. Components and products
- 205. Materials and treatment. Latest opportunities for improvement of product design
- 207. Instruments for workshop and laboratory
Sources of Information