January 1966. Front cover.
January 1966. Index to contents.
Note: This is a sub-section of the Automobile Engineer
- 1. Editorial. Engine evolution
- 2. Four-wheel-drive. The Ferguson four-wheel-drive and control system employed on the Jensen C-V8 F.F.
- 5. A modified constant-volume fuel-air cycle. By the exclusion of the intake and exhaust processes from an idealized constant volume cycle, nomographs and charts are prepared that enable rapid computation of theoretical cycle performance over a wide range of operating conditions S. E. Bonamy
- 10. Clayton Dewandre DP brake chambers Two units for air pressure actuation of wedge type expanders for the brake shoes of commercial vehicles
- 13. MGA fuel consumption meter. A flowmeter that continuously measures and records the quantity of fuel consumed
- 16. Books. Brief comments on recent publications relevant to automobile engineering
- 18. A European proving trial. Observations on brake usage and on the performance of disc brake pads during 3,000 miles motoring on the Continent D. K. Mackenzie, T. P. Newcomb and B. Watton
- 27. Exhaust pipe manipulation. Ways in which costs can be minimized at the design stage
- 30. New plant and tools. Recent interesting developments in production equipment
- 32. Publications and films
- 33. Components and products
- 36. Materials and treatment. Latest opportunities for improvement of design
- 38. Instruments for workshop and laboratory
- 40. Current patent. Selected abstracts
Editor: T. K. Garrett
Editorial staff: D. M. Peters, R. Langdon
Consultant: Professor J. R. Ellis
Sources of Information