Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,518 pages of information and 233,949 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Sanctioned in 1851.
Actually incorporated as the Bangor and Carnarvon (sic) Railway it was a 8.5 mile line between the two towns with a one mile branch to Port Dinorwic and opened in 1852.
It began at Menai Bridge Station and had twin tunnels, each 497 2/3rds long, half a mile west of Treborth Station.
In 1854 it was absorbed by the Chester and Holyhead Railway (C&HR)