Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 140,005 pages of information and 227,378 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1834 The Brentwood Gas, Light and Coke Co. was a private company formed by Deed of Settlement.
1898 the company gained statutory powers and changed its name to the Brentwood Gas and Coke Co.
1905 the name was changed to the Brentwood Gas Company.
1924 The works were modernised between 1924 and 1926.
1925 Brentwood took over the Ingatestone and Fryering Gas Co. Ltd., closing down production at the Ingatestone works the following year leaving the site as a holder station.
1932 the Brentwood Gas Company was taken over by the Gas Light and Coke Co.
1933 the manufacturing works were closed and the site used as a holder station.