Brown and Barlow
Brown and Barlow of Carburet Works, Westwood Road, Witton, Birmingham
1900-1940s Makers of carburettors for much of this period. They used the spelling 'carburetters throughout.
1915 Patent to Clement Brown and Brown and Barlow Ltd: Improvements in or relating to Carburettors for Internal Combustion Engines.
1920 Amendment to patent.
1923 Application for a patent on a twist grip control: "Improvements in or relating to operating means suitable for flexible power transmission mechanism"
Sources of Information
- The Times 8 November 1911
- The Times 22 November 1911
- The Times 26 November 1920
- The Times 18 January 1930
- The Times 4 November 1924
- Birmingham’s Industrial Heritage by Ray Shill. Published by Sutton Publishing 2002. ISBN 0-7509-2593-0