Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,981 pages of information and 225,312 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Loughor, nr Swansea
1912 Had a 6000 HP engine from Lamberton and Co installed for the tinplate bar mill.
1926 - December. The Bynea Steel Co purchased the St. David's Tin-plate Works, Loughor. The latter had been completely idle since last May, and for a couple of months had been in the hands of the receiver. The works comprised ten mills, providing works in normal times for about 500 men.
1957 Bynea Holdings was formed by John S. Tregoning and Co Ltd in conjunction with Ductile Steels Ltd and Robert Benson, Lonsdale and Co Ltd to purchase Bynea Steel Works from the Holding and Realization Agency. A regrouping of Bynea Steel Works Ltd and its subsidiaries took place such that the company owned the whole of St. Davids Tinplate Co, Glynhir Tinplate Co and Gorse Galvanising Co, as well as a controlling interest in Webb, Shakespeare and Williams Ltd .