Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,972 pages of information and 229,026 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
1830 The Cambrian Copper Works were established by the English Copper Company
1841 The English Copper Co ceased operation.
1849 The Llanelly Copperworks Co took over the disused Cambrian Copperworks and converted it into a lead and silver smelting works.
1898 The Cambrian works were bought by the Welsh Tinplate and Metal Stamping Co Ltd. The company employed around a thousand people, mainly women, producing enamelled saucepans, plates and owls, army tinplate mess-tins and galvanized buckets.
1978 The works closed.