Caterham Gas Co
1868 Order to be wound up.
1869 Caterham Gas Company 'recently incorporated'.
1884 Caterham Tradesmen complaining about the price and quality of the gas.
1885 Name changed from the Caterham and Kenley Gas Company to the Caterham and District Gas Light and Coke Company, as they extend their operations in to adjoining parishes.
1890 Debate concerning the high cost of gas and the need to light the roads if the price was reduced.
1904 Amalgamation of the Croydon and Caterham gas companies.
Sources of Information
- The London Gazette Publication date:17 November 1868 Issue:23442 Page:5963
- Clerkenwell News - Wednesday 07 July 1869
- Surrey Mirror - Saturday 22 March 1884
- Surrey Mirror - Saturday 19 December 1885
- Surrey Mirror - Saturday 22 March 1890
- Surrey Mirror - Tuesday 25 October 1904