Central Argentine Railway
c.1866 Constructed by Brassey, Wythes, and Wheelwright from Rosario to Cordova (Cordoba), a distance of 260 miles.
After completion it was worked for two years by the contractors before being handed over to the Company.
1902 Amalgamated with the Buenos Aires and Rosario Railway
1916 Opened an electric service on the Tigre lines on the north side of Buenos Aires
By 1923 The Central Argentine Railway was one of 4 British-owned railways with headquarters in Buenos Aires, which served the suburbs of that city.
c.1923 Howard Williams was General Manager (see advert)
Important cities served: Buenos Aires, Rosario, Santa Fe, Cordoba, Santiago, Tucuman.