Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 145,057 pages of information and 230,710 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Chamber Hall Power Station, Bury

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search
1912.

The original installation had three Clarke, Chapman and Co boilers and two 2.1 MW turbine alternators. The turbines were of the Zoelly type made by John Musgrave and Sons, and drove Siemens Brothers Dynamo Works alternators. There were also two 500 kW motor generators to supply DC power, made by GEC.

The above information is from The Engineer, 9 February 1912.

From Wikipedia:-

By 1923 the plant at Chamber Hall comprised two 2 MW TAs, one 3 MW TA, and one 6 MW Fraser and Chalmers/GEC TA, installed in 1921

Further turbine-alternators were installed: one 10 MW Fraser and Chalmers/GEC TA (1924), and one 10 MW Metropolitan-Vickers two cylinder TA in 1930.

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information