of 5 Golden Square, London, W1. Telephone: Gerrard 2966. Cables: "Ackclothes, London"
-  1935 The company was founded by an American tailor, Simon Ackermann, who moved to Crewe, in Cheshire, in order to have a chance to use the precious fabrics of the area and the expert hands of local artisans.
- 1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Hand Tailored Suits, Coats and Sportswear for Men and Women. (Earls Court, Ground Floor, Stands No. 313 and 314) 
- 2002 The company's factory in Crewe closed with the loss of 250 jobs, when it went into receivership. 
- The year 2002 was the start of a new period for the brand, which was divided into The Cheshire Clothing Company for manufacturing and Chester Barrie Ltd for marketing.
- The shop on London's Saville Row, the street of the oldest English tailoring workshops, is now owned by The Specialty Retail Group Plc.
Sources of Information