Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,950 pages of information and 233,606 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
PO Box 22, Stoke-on-Trent.
c.1795 (1799?) Coalport Porcelain Works (John Rose and Co) was founded.
1926 Coalport Porcelain Works was acquired by Cauldon Potteries and moved to Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent.
At some point moved to the Crescent Works in Stoke.
1951 Trade name amended to the simpler Coalport China Ltd
1955 Mr Stanley Harrison, the owner, acquired Samuel Radford's factory at High Street, Fenton; the Coalport business was moved from Crescent Works to the factory at Fenton.
1958 Coalport was acquired by E. Brain and Co of the Foley Works.
1963 From this date E. Brain continued to be known as Coalport.
1967 Coalport became part of the Wedgwood Group
1985 moved to the Minerva Works in Park Street, Fenton.
2000 moved to a purpose-built facility at the main Wedgwood factory in Barlaston.
Late 2001 the Minerva Street works demolished.