November 1932. Comper Swift
G-ABUU "Pobjoy" (Flight photograph 1932/11/17).
The Comper Aircraft Company was founded in 1929 at Hooton Park Aerodrome, Wirral, Cheshire.
- 1929 Produced the CLA7 Swift, a single-seat sporting aircraft powered by a 120 hp Gypsy III or the 130 hp Gypsy Major.
- 1933 Constructors of light aeroplanes. Head Office: Hooton Park, Wirral, Cheshire. Works: Hooton Park Aerodrome. (After April 1st, the Works and Office address will be Heston Airport, Hounslow, Middlesex.)
- 1933 Production moved to Heston where a further 41 aircraft were built.
- They also built the three-seater Mouse racer and the two-seater Kite tourer.
Sources of Information
- ↑ 1933 Who's Who in British Aviation
- British Aircraft Manufacturers since 1908 by Gunter Endres. Pub 1995 ISBN 0-7110-2409-x