Displayed at Poole Museum
Manhole cover spotted in Boscombe.
Dorset Ironfoundry Co Ltd of West Quay Road, Poole, Dorset
1878 Built at least one narrow-gauge locomotive.
1880 Dorset Iron Foundry Company Limited. Registered September 14th 1880, Capital £5,000.
1881 Mention. Mr Tarant, manager, Dorset Iron Foundry.
1882 Made two small locomotives for the Auckland Timber Co., New Zealand. These could also be used for driving machinery
Replacement sluice gates and operating mechanisms for Throop Mill, Hurn, Dorset, made by the Dorset Iron Foundry Company in Poole and by Lott and Walne, probably in 1936 
Sources of Information
- ↑ British Steam Locomotive Builders by James W. Lowe. Published in 1975. ISBN 0-905100-816
- ↑ Manchester Courier and Lancashire General Advertiser - Saturday 25 September 1880
- ↑ Hampshire Advertiser - Saturday 19 August 1882
- ↑ Online article
- ↑  Online photograph of locomotive
- ↑  British Listed Buildings web page concerning Throop Mill