Drysdale and Co
Drysdale and Co of Bon Accord Works, Ferry Road, Yoker, Glasgow and
183, Fordneuk Street, London Road, Glasgow.
1874 Company founded by Mr. John W. W. Drysdale and Mr. L. J. Pirie as Drysdale and Pirie. The works in Fordneuk Street, London Road, are well known as the “Bon-Accord” Works, and cover an area of approximately fifteen hundred square yards.
Manufacturers of apparatus such as pumps, presses, engines for electric lighting, bakers’ and leather-dressers’ machinery and specialities of high industrial efficacy and commercial value have been developed in centrifugal pumps and pumping engines, high-speed engines for electric lighting, ventilating, and blowing fans and engines, hydraulic presses and pumps, hydraulic cranes and riveting machinery, hydraulic accumulators, hydraulic lifts, hydraulic pumping engines, horse-gear pumps, deep-well pumps, lift and force pumps, three-throw tar pumps, rotary pumps, filter presses, bakers’ and leather-dressers’ apparatus and appliances of all descriptions.
1894 May. Centrifugal Pumping Engine. 
1907 Private company. Acquired site at Yoker.
1914 Engineers. Specialities: centrifugal pumping engines and pumps of various types; high-speed engines and fan engines; complete plants for salvage purposes; electric lighting engines; irrigation plant. 
1937 Petrol pumps. 
By 1959 was a subsidiary of G. and J. Weir Holdings Ltd
1960 Pumps for the mining industry. Pump makers for over 85 years. 
1961 Manufacturers of centrifugal pumps for industrial services and all classes of steam and motor ships. Also manufacturers of high speed steam and motor ships. 
Sources of Information
- The Engineer of 4th April 1894 p373
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- The Engineer 1917/04/27, p 381
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
- Mining Year Book 1960. Published by Walter E. Skinner. Advert p273
- 1961 Dun and Bradstreet KBE