Easton Colliery

Coalworks at Easton, located between Stapleton Road and Easton Road, in the parish of SS Philip and Jacob, now demolished. It was known as Easton Colliery, Upper Easton Colliery or the Brickyard Pit.
1836 Leonard, Boult and Co listed as proprietors following a merger between Davidson and Waters and Leonard, Betts and Boult's two collieries in Lower Easton.
1894 Became part of Bristol United Collieries Ltd.
1900 Became part of Bedminster, Easton, Kingswood and Parkfield Collieries Ltd.
1911 Easton Colliery closed.
See Also
Sources of Information
- Web site
- Jenni Butterworth/7 January 2024 - Drakon Heritage and Conservation