Edward Wood and Co
of Ocean Iron Works, Salford (Manchester), constructional engineers
1878 Company founded.
1897 incorporated as a Limited Co.
1903 Opened offices at 88, Cannon-street, London, E. C.
1905 Advert roofs, girders, bridges, buildings in steel and iron. 
1906 Public company. The company was registered on 8 March, to acquire the business of constructional engineers and contractors of a company of almost similar title. 
1922 Directors: Sir Edward Graham Wood (Chairman), Wm. Kirkham, Albert Midgley, G. W. N. Nicholls, Edward Ormesher and Sir Kingsley Wood M.P. Specialities.— Steel roof principals, steel-framed buildings, engineering workshops, gasworks and power stations, car sheds, theatres, warehouses mills and factories, goods sheds, bridges, weaving sheds, corrugated-steel buildings, "Telpher" tracks, tank structures, coal bunkers and grain elevators
1935 See Edward Wood and Co:1935 Review
1961 Constructional engineers and contractors, specialising in steel buildings, engineering shops and power stations.