Edwin Frampton (1849-1912)
of the General Engine and Boiler Co, Hatcham Iron Works, Pomeroy Street, New Cross Road, London, S.E.
1912 Obituary 
EDWIN FRAMPTON was born at Wimborne on 24th August 1849.
Having been educated at Wimborne Grammar School, he served an apprenticeship of four years in the Perry Street Works of Mr. J. B. Payne, engineer and millwright, Chard, Somerset, and then went for two years as an improver at the works of Messrs. Ravenhill, Hodgson and Co., Glasshouse Fields, London.
During the next three years he acted as engineer for the Imperial Brazilian Collieries at Sao Jeronymo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, and on his return to England in 1878 he became an active partner in the General Engine and Boiler Co., Hatcham Iron Works, London.
This firm became a limited company in 1905, of which be was managing director, a position he held until his death, which took place at Boscombe, from heart failure, on 12th July 1912, in his sixty-third year.
He became a Member of this Institution in 1884.