Grace's Guide

British Industrial History

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 142,972 pages of information and 229,026 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Elmwood Mill

From Graces Guide

Jump to: navigation, search

In Leeds

1837 Auction Notice: ELMWOOD MILL, STEAM-ENGINE MACHINERY, & VALUABLE BUILDING LAND. TO BE SOLD BY AUCTION, BY MR. THOMAS HARDWICK, On Wednesday, the Eleventh Day of October next, at the White Horse Hotel, in Leeds, at Six o'Clock in the Evening, (subject to such Conditions, and in such Lots, as will be stated at the , time of Sale.) ALL THAT EXTENSIVE SCRIBBLING AND FULLING MILL, situated in Camp-Road, Leeds, formerly in the Occupation of Mr. T. P. Dickinson, and now of Messrs. Robinson and Watson, and known by the name of ELMWOOD MILL, with the Steam Engine, Boiler, and Appendages. ALSO ALL the VALUABLE SCRIBBLING, FULLING, and DRESSING MACHINERY, including—One Treble Scribblers, and Four Double Scribblers, all inches on the Wire, Four Double ' Carders, inches on the Wire; One Double Carder, inches on the Wire; Four Billies of 60 Spindles each, One Billey of 70 Spindles, Eight Fulling Stocks with Iron Backs, Tappet Wheels and Plumbing Boxes, Two Washing or Scouring Machines, One Shake Willy, Eight Raising Gigs with Gig Rods complete, Two Dye Pans, One Scouring Pan with Iron Cistern, Two Large Iron Cisterns containing 1,200 Gallons each, Large Scales, Beams, and Weights, with all the Steam and Water Pipes, Shafts, Drums, and Going Gear, and all the Gas Piping, Metres, Branches, and Apparatus. ALSO ALL the OUTBUILDINGS, including a Dye-House, Counting-House, Cottage, and Stable for Two Horses, and all the Vacant and Unoccupied VALUABLE BUILDING LAND, lying to the West of the aforesaid Mill, and adjoining upon Clay Pit Lane, with the Dams and Reservoirs of Water. The STEAM-ENGINE is New, by Fenton, Murray, and Co., of Thirty Horse Power, with a Thirty Horse Cylinder; the Boilers are Thirty Horse each, and are Furnished with Patent Feeders by Firmstone, of Manchester. Further Information may be had Messrs. Robinson and Watson, (who will shew the Premises), or at the Office of Mr. JAMES STOTT, Solicitor, Leeds. 24, Bank-Street, 15th Sept. 1837. N.B. A considerable portion of the Purchase Money may remain on Mortgage of the Premises, if required. [1]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Leeds Times, 30th September 1837