Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,936 pages of information and 233,602 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Huddersfield Road, Roberttown, Liversedge, Yorks. Telephone: Heckmondwike 233. Cables: "Phone, Heckmondwike 233". (1947)
'A Czech Glass Factory in Yorkshire and beyond 1940-1966' by Sylvia Daintrey. PDF Contains 22 pages extensively illustrated and referenced and sourced partly from personal recollections. A detailed history of this business and its connections with other companies including J. W. U. (London), Unifurnaces, Century Glass Works, and Surdent Manufacturing Co. Note: There is a small charge for downloading this article.
1940 Established by the Czech Refugee Trust Fund to employ political and Jewish refugees from Czechoslovakia. The business was based on the previous business of Saxton Brothers Fountain Glass Works which had closed in 1937. The first directors were Rudolf Winter (1887-1963) and Otto Loewy (1886-1953) from Czechoslovakia and Franz Friedrich Richards-Falk (1897-1982) and his wife Leonce from Hungary. Otto Loewy was later replaced as director by Heinrich Rudolf (1900-1955) from Czechoslovakia.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of WhiteFlint Glass Bottles and Jars not exceeding 2-ounce (57gr) capacity. Perfume 1-dram (⅛ oz) to 2-ounce (57gr). Pressed and Machine Blown Domestic Glassware, Cruets. Open Salts, Small Dishes. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1142) 
1948 Rudolf Winter and the now renamed Francis Frederick Richards took over Century Glass Works in north London. Francis Richards remained in Yorkshire with Fountain Glass Works and by 1958 was the only one of the 1940s directors left.
1969 Ceased production.