Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 143,030 pages of information and 229,415 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
G. B. Motor Co
GB were motorcycles produced from 1905 to 1908. The company was run by F. Claassen and Co, based in Sydenham, London.
The machine made its debut at the late-1905 Stanley Show. The models were a 3hp single, plus 3.5hp and 5.5hp Minerva V-twins which were all fitted with a gear-driven magneto. There were many options including spring forks, free-engine clutch and a sidecar with a coach or wicker body. They also listed a tricycle with a passenger seat, carried between the twin rear wheels and fitted behind the rider's saddle.
With a long 58-inch wheelbase, the models were low in build and quite advanced for the period.