George Macdonald Wise
George Macdonald Wise (1875-1924)
1925 Obituary 
GEORGE MACDONALD WISE was born in Poona, India, on 26th November 1875, and was educated there, and at the Academy, Southampton.
His technical studies, from 1892 to 1894, were carried out at the Victoria Technical Institute, Bombay, and during a further two years at the Glasgow and West of Scotland Technical College.
On completion of his term he returned to the British India Steam Navigation Co. as an engineer, and remained with them nearly six years, gaining the while the Board of Trade first-class certificate.
He then became, in 1903, assistant superintending engineer to the Bengal Iron and Steel Co., Burrakur, a position entailing much responsible work in connexion with collieries, blast-furnaces, foundries, rolling mills, and other lines of engineering activity.
From 1905 to 1910 Mr. Wise was Chief Electrical Engineer to Messrs. Tata, Sons and Co., Bombay, and on retiring from this position in the last-mentioned year he became General Manager to Jost's Engineering Co., Ltd., Bombay, a firm undertaking all kinds of light and power installation work.
Eight years later, in 1918, he was appointed Managing Director to the Company, and this position he held up to his death, which occurred in Bombay on 9th December 1924, at the age of forty-nine.
He became an Associate Member of this Institution in 1908 and Member in 1922.
1925 Obituary 
GEORGE MACDONALD WISE received his technical education at the Victoria Technical Institute and the Glasgow and West of Scotland Institute from 1893 to 1896.
He then became a pupil in the ship- building firm of Win. Denny and Brothers, Ltd., Dumbarton.
He first went to sea as an engineer and afterwards joined the staff of the Bengal Iron and Steel Co. at Barrakar.
In 1907 he became associated with Messrs. Tata, Bombay.
Soon after Jost's Engineering Co., Ltd., electrical and mechanical engineers, Bombay, was formed, Mr. Wise became associated with it, first as assistant manager, then as manager, and finally as managing director, which office he held until his death on the 5th December, 1924.
He was elected an Associate Member of the Institution in 1909 and a Member in 1922.