Heaton and Dugard
Heaton and Dugard Ltd of Shadwell Street Mills, Birmingham.
1840 Company established as George Heaton (see 1876 advert)
1854 Death of George Heaton (1791-1854)
1858 Heaton and Dugard, manufacturers of wire, mouldings, window bars, etc 43 Shadwell St.
1867 Death of long-term employee. 'On the 28th ult., at his residence, High-street, Aston New Town, Mr Thomas Stanley, for forty-eight years in the confidential employ of the late Mr Ralph Heaton and the present firm, of Shadwell-street Mills.'
1876 Advert: Late George Heaton
1902 Brass and copper wire. 
1909 Incorporated as a limited company.
1911 Manufacturer of Brass Lap and Fence Plates for the Railways.
1914 Metal rollers, wire drawers, manufacturers of metal mouldings and sash bars, jack, chains and bent wire articles. Specialities: brass, bronze and copper sash bars, mouldings etc., hooks and eyes, curtain hooks, drawn and rolled, shaped and fancy wires. 
1937 Metal rollers and wire drawers. 
1938 Advert - 'Incorporated with The Delta Metal Co Ltd.
1940 Land Registry. 'Shadwell Street Mill, Birmingham, Warwick, by Heaton and Dugard Ltd'.
Sources of Information
- 1851 census
- General & Commercial Directory of Birmingham, 1858
- Leamington Spa Courier - Saturday 07 September 1867
- Kelly’s Trade Directory 1902
- Bradshaw’s Railway Manual 1911
- 1914 Whitakers Red Book
- 1937 The Aeroplane Directory of the Aviation and Allied Industries
-  Gazette Issue 34854 published on the 21 May 1940. Page 15 of 64