Henry James Shedlock Heather
Professor Henry James Shedlock Heather (1863-1941)
1941 Obituary 
Professor HENRY JAMES SHEDLOCK HEATHER, B.A., was born on the 9th May, 1863, at Bayswater, London, and was educated at St. Paul's School, London, and at Balliol College, Oxford.
He went to the Transvaal in 1894 and later joined the service of the Central Mining and Investment Corporation, Johannesburg. He left this Corporation for a time, rejoined them in 1908 and finally left their service in 1913. While with the corporation he showed conspicuous ability in the capacity of Electrical Engineer and Assistant to Mr. A. M. Robeson, then consulting mechanical engineer, and he performed outstanding service in connection with the electrification of the mines of the Witwatersrand during the years 1908-1913. The mines are served by the Victoria Falls and Transvaal Power Co., which is the largest power scheme in the southern hemisphere and supplies electric power to the Witwatersrand gold fields.
In 1914 he accepted an appointment as Professor of Electrotechnics at the Witwatersrand University, Johannesburg, and on reaching the retiring age in 1924 spent the last part of his life at Margate, South Coast, Natal.
He was of a retiring and likeable disposition and was held in high esteem by all his friends, by whom he will be greatly missed.
He was elected a Member of The Institution in 1909.