Humber Commercial Railway and Dock
1901 The company was incorporated.
1908 The works are in the course of construction, and are under contract to be finished by September 1909. When completed the Great Central Railway will take a lease of the dock undertaking for 999 years. 
The Humber Commercial Railway (HCR), a double track section linking Humber Road Junction at Immingham with a junction on the New Holland line at Ulceby, opened for goods traffic in 1910.
Apart from some special boat trains between the World Wars, no regular passenger service ever operated over this stretch until the workmen's service started. This railway enabled direct links to the north and midlands to be made from Immingham and enjoys considerable use today.
Humber Road Junction provided the links to the commercial and dock sidings, GDLR and Immingham West Junction. This West Junction provided the links with the dock station and the route to New Holland.