J. W. Lees
Brewers of Middleton, Greater Manchester
1828 retired cotton manufacturer, John Lees, bought land at Middleton Junction and started making beer.
1876 John Lees' grandson, John William, took sole control of the Brewery and changed the name to J. W. Lees and Co.
Today J. W. Lees has been passed down the generations. The company owns 172 pubs in North West England and North Wales.
Sources of Information
- J W Lees