Grace's Guide To British Industrial History

Registered UK Charity (No. 115342)

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 163,457 pages of information and 245,911 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 147,919 pages of information and 233,587 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.

J. and M. Craig

From Graces Guide

1896 J. and M. Craig Limited was incorporated with capital of £70,000, to take over and acquire the Hillhead Collieries, Fireclay Works, and Pottery, Hillhead, Kilmarnock; Lilliehill Fireclay Works, near Dunfermline; the lands and farm of Hillhead, near Kilmarnock; the field known as Longpark, Kilmarnock; and the minerals in the said lands and field; the leasehold collieries, mines, and minerals in and under the properties known as Hillhead, Moorfield, Springhill, and New Bogside, all near Kilmarnock; and Perceton and Muirhouses, near Irvine, together with buildings, machinery, etc. belonging to J. & M. Craig and the Moorfield Coal Company. The registered office was at 84 Hill Street, Kilmarnock.[1]

1906 The company went into voluntary liquidation.[2]

1907 J. and M. Craig (Kilmarnock) Limited was incorporated as a private company, with capital of £35,000, to acquire the farm and lands of Hillhead, near Kilmarnock; the Hillhead Fireclay Works; the Longpark Sanitary Pottery, the mines , minerals, etc. belonging to J. & M. Craig Limited.[3]

See Also

Loading...

Sources of Information

  1. Glasgow Herald 29 February 1896
  2. https://www.thegazette.co.uk/Edinburgh/issue/11831/page/555
  3. The Scotsman 9 November 1907
  • National Records of Scotland BT2/3124
  • National Records of Scotland BT2/6666