J. and W. Leigh
J & W Leigh, Ellesmere Iron Foundry, Patricroft, near Manchester. Maker of stationary engines. 
1851 Joseph Dorning Leigh set up in business as engineer and toolmaker, and brass and iron founder, erecting the works known as the Ellesmere Foundry, Patricroft, near Manchester.
Ellesmere Iron Foundry was located alongside the Liverpool and Manchester Railway, directly across the Bridgewater Canal from Nasmyth Wilson's works, where Leigh had been an apprentice. The site was subsequently occupied by Sir W H Bailey and Co. Warehouses now stand on the site.
Bull-type colliery pumping engine illustrated in Practical Treatise on Mine Engineering by G C Greenwell, 1868 (part of Plate 44) 
c.1880 Two cylinder winding engine at Fernhill Colliery (No. 3 Shaft), Treherbert. Photographed by George Watkins in 1967.. However, this date seems unlikely, as the partnership between Joseph Dorning Leigh and William Leigh had been dissolved in 1868 , engines subsequently being made by Joseph Dorning Leigh.