James Mitchell (2)
1840 The partnership known as Kerr, Mitchell and Neilson at Hyde Park Foundry was dissolved on 14 May by the partners James B. Neilson, James Mitchell and Stewart Kerr. James Beaumont Neilson and Stewart Kerr formed a new company Kerr, Neilson and Co working from the Hyde Park Street works but it operated at a loss.
By 1843 James Mitchell returned to Glasgow and ran the financial side of the business as a partner and the company became known as Neilson and Mitchell once more.
1847 The partnership of Walter Neilson and James Mitchell, engineers and founders, of Hyde Park and Finnieston and City Road, London was dissolved; the business would be carried on by Walter Neilson under the name Neilson and Co
Sources of Information
- Edinburgh Gazette, 6 June 1843
- London Gazette 17 September 1847