Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 135,172 pages of information and 215,041 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Jarrett (Jarratt?), Dawson & Hardy of Shooter’s Brook Iron Foundry, Ancoats Lane, Manchester. Ancoats lane was later renamed Great Ancoats Street
1797 Listed in Scholes's Manchester & Salford Directory, 1797, as iron founders, Shooter’s Brook Iron Foundry.
1813 Advertisement: 'ALL the Old Building Materials, consisting of BRICKS, TIMBER and SLATE, now being on certain premises, situate at Shooters Brook, near Ancoats, lately occupied by Messrs. Jarratt, Dawson, and Hardy, Iron Foundry. The above will be sold in Lots, at the pleasure of the Company. The material may be viewed application to Mr. Thomas Carr, joiner, near to Shooters Brook.' 
Shooter's Brook Foundry
1787 William Green’s map of 1787 - 1794 shows an iron works next to Shooter's Brook, close to Ancoats Lane. At this time the area was mostly fields.
1794 Scholes's Manchester & Salford Directory, 1794 lists Bassett and Smith as the occupants of 'Shooter’s Brook Iron Foundery', Ancoats Lane. Thomas Bassett's house was also on Ancoats Lane.
1800 Bancks's 1800 Manchester and Salford Directory includes a Dawson (no forename given) 'iron foundery', Shooter's Brow.
1831 Bancks’s 1831 map shows that the area had markedly changed, the brook no longer being visible, presumably being culverted. A larger foundry had been built in this area, and it is judged likely that the south eastern part incorporated the land and possibly buildings formerly occupied by Jarrett, Dawson & Hardy's foundry. The judgement recognises the possible limitations of the early maps, and the change in topography when the brook was culverted, but it is evident that the alignment of the buildings at the south western part of the new foundry is consistent with the old foundry. The enlarged foundry was the one developed by Fairbairn and Lillie in the mid 1820s, and recorded on the 1849 OS map as 'Shooter's Brook Iron Foundry No. 1'