Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,280 pages of information and 218,973 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
John H. Wilson and Company of Dock Road, Seacombe, Birkenhead, and Bankhall Engine Works Sandhills, Liverpool.
See also J. H. Wilson and Co (of Liverpool)
1860 Company established. See John H. Wilson
1869 Improved Ships' Closet.
1869 Bought the Mackay Gun and advertised it for sale (see advert)
1872 Patent plug valve for steam and water (see advert)
1870s Making the Selden steam pump under licence 
1875 Built a locomotive for the Welsh Slate Company at Blaenau Ffestiniog.
1879 Crane for Albert Dock, Tanjong Pagar Dock Company, Singapore. Now preserved on public display near ferry terminal ('Harbour Front').
1891 Of Bank Hall Engine Works. For description of works see 1891 The Practical Engineer
1892 Incorporated as a limited company.
1894 Locomotive Crane, Manchester Ship Canal ('of Liverpool'). 
Manchester Ship Canal - Wilson were a major supplier to these works - either directly or to involved contractors during the construction phase; and to the organisation as a port authority. Note the typical MSC spark arresting bonnets on the chimney.
1903 of 15, Victoria-street, Westminster, and Liverpool. Issued a catalogue No. 52b showing by means of photographic illustrations the many types of cranes made by the company.
1905 Advert for steam winches, windlasses, deck cranes, donkey pumps etc. (of 150 Sandhills, Liverpool) 
1911 7-ton floating jib crane for Spain. 
1914 Engineers and ironfounders. Specialities: steam and electrical cranes, excavators, windlasses, capstans, winches, concrete mixers, pumps and boilers. Employees 500. 
1918 Large steam excavator (face shovel) described and illustrated in 'Engineering'. Weight 90 tons. Bucket capacity 1.5 cu. yd. Lattice jib 75 ft long.
1919 Locomotive cranes.  It was originally made for Russia (export stopped because of the revolution); regauged and diverted to the Inland Waterways Transport section of the War Department; then to Kantara Workshops on the Sinai Military Railway and finally into Palestine Railway's stock. 
1920 January. Issued leaflets on electrically driven cargo winches. 
1920 Produced a travelling gantry crane for dockyard use. 
1928 “Buildings plant and machinery, and business” advertised for sale.