Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 136,260 pages of information and 218,941 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Currently moored in Bathurst Basin, Bristol
Built as lightship LV55 in 1885, along with LB54 and LV59, by Charles Hill and Sons, Albion Yard, Bristol, for Trinity House. Served in Bristol Channel, moored 12 miles out from Avonmouth. The hull is wood with iron beams. Taken out of service in 1954 for scrap, when the lantern and metal work was removed. Now owned by Cabot Cruising Club.