Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 137,397 pages of information and 221,178 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Joseph Flockton of Union Foundry, Carpenter Street (off Charles Street), Manchester
1841 Joseph Flockton & Co listed in Pigot & Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1841 as iron founders, boiler, machine and hydraulic press makers, of Eagle Foundry, Hunt Street (later renamed Whitworth Street), Garratt Road, Manchester
1842 Partnership between David Bellhouse and Joseph Flockton, ironfounders and millwrights under the firm of Joseph Flockton and Company, dissolved by mutual consent on 1st July 1842. Witnessed 11th December 1846 
1851 Adshead’s 1851 map shows J Flockton’s Union Foundry as two buildings and a yard, the ground area being about 100 ft by 100 ft. The south eastern part was bounded by a bend in the River Medlock, to the north was Carpenter Street and the timber yard and sawmill of Eastwood & Tavo, while to the west was a row of ten houses which faced onto Brook Street (now called Princess Street). The foundry entrance was 60 yards south of the MSJ&A railway viaduct. The foundry is not shown on the 1849 O.S. map. Evidently Flockton had moved out of Eagle Foundry, which was subsequently occupied by E. T. Bellhouse and Co. Eagle Foundry was located about 200 yards north west of Union Foundry, on the Rochdale Canal.
1858 Patent 2834 issued to Joseph Flockton, junior, for 'improvements in stop or reversing taps' 
1863 J Flockton listed in Slater's Directory of Manchester and Salford, 1863 as iron founder, engineer and hydraulic press maker. Home address: 17 Pigot Street, Greenheys.
1877 Listed in Slater's Directory of Manchester & Salford, 1877-8 (Part 2) as iron founders