Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 138,146 pages of information and 223,038 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
This is a twin beam blowing engine which formerly served the Kaiser Franz-Hochofen (Kaiser Franz blast furnace) in Austria, now preserved in Vienna Technical Museum.
It was constructed in 1847 by the staatlichen Eisengiesserei (Austrian State Iron Foundry) in Gusswerk, near Mariazell (Styria).
It absorbed 15 HP at 12 rpm. It is not clear whether it was driven by a steam engine or a waterwheel.
It was taken out of service in 1901.