Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 134,582 pages of information and 213,686 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
of Keele Street, Tunstall, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Telephone: Hanley 8092. Cables: "Keele Street Pottery, Tunstall, England"
?1913 or 1915 to 1958
1915 Keele Street Pottery was established by C.H. Bowers, Elijah Brookes, J. Robinson, and H. W. Pitt. (See below)
1916 They commenced mass production of once fired egg cups.
1929 Listed Exhibitor. Manufacturers of High-class Speciality Goods in Earthenware. Also Morning Sets, Jugs, Nursery Ware, Bulb Bowls, Mugs and many other utility lines. Specializing in Novelty Lines suitable for Filling purposes. (Stand No. G/23) 
WWII. The pottery was closed under the Concentration of Industries Act and used by government to store shell cases.
1946 The business re-opened with 5 bottle ovens, producing once-fired white cups.
1947 The product range was extended to include ornamental ware, cottage ware and other fancy goods.
1947-1949 Acquisition of other companies:
1949 A wide range of goods were being produced, with the emphasis on export. White utility wares were in production at some factories in the group, whilst others concentrated on decorated ware for export. 49% of shares sold to South Western Industrial and Water Corporation.
1950 The parent company's name was changed to Staffordshire Potteries Limited.
1951 It became a quoted public company and began to lease buildings at Meir Airport.