Grace's Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in Britain. This web publication contains 148,439 pages of information and 233,876 images on early companies, their products and the people who designed and built them.
Kerry were motorcycles produced from 1902 to 1915, and again from 1960 to 1967.
c.1903 These machines were sold by the East London Rubber Co, of Shoreditch, a company under the direction of Alfred Kerry. The motorcycles were fitted with Belgian Kelecom and FN engines, in a loop frame with curved downtube; the frames were made by other suppliers. As a high-built primitive, it had belt drive and braced forks. Engines were of different sizes and there was also a ladies' model.
1906 onwards. Kerry became linked to Abingdon and added V-twins to the range. Soon, using those engines, they were sold as the Kerry-Abingdon; models included ones fitted with a 3hp single and a 6hp V-twin.
1911 Kerry-Abingdon motor cycles and accessories (see advert)
1915 Having continued in the same vein for many years, production came to a stop - presumably because of the war.
1934 East London Rubber was incorporated as a public company
1943 East London Rubber Co was renamed Kerry's (Great Britain)
1960-1967 The Kerry name reappeared on a range of imported mopeds. These were sold as the Kerry Capitano.