of Turnnmill Street, London, EC1. (1922)
of 110 Gloucester Place, Portman Square, London, W1. Telephone: Welbeck 2273-4. Cables: "Oertling, Phone, London". (1947)
1859 Mentioned. Mr L. Oertling, the well-known balance maker of Store Street, Bedford Square.
1868 Partnership dissolved. '...Edward Wilds Ladd and Ludwig Oertling, do hereby declare that the Partnership hitherto subsisting between us as Bullion and Assay Balance Makers, at No. 27, Moorgate-street, in the city of London, was dissolved...'
1885 Gold medal for invention in respect of excellence in balances.
1890 Mention. Automatic balance for weighing sovereigns exhibited by Mr. L. Oertling at the Birmingham and Midland Institute.
1922 British Industries Fair Advert for Hydrometers, Petroleometers, Saccharometers, Balances and Weights (Assay, Chemical and Bullion), Automatic Coin-weighing Machines for Banks and Mints. (Stand No. G.56) 
1925 Became part of the Avery Group of companies.
1947 Listed Exhibitor - British Industries Fair. Manufacturers of Precision Balances and Weights, Reference, Standard, Assay, Chemical, Micro-Chemical, Bullion, Diamond Balances. Nickel, Chromium, Weights: Vibration Absorbing Tables. (Olympia, Ground Floor, Stand No. A.1080) 
1968 Averys acquired Stanton Instruments
c.1970 Stanton's was integrated (production and products) into L. Oertling Ltd
Sources of Information
- Globe - Thursday 24 November 1859
- The London Gazette Publication date:20 January 1865 Issue:22931 Page:271
- The London Gazette Publication date:21 July 1868 Issue:23402 Page:4083
- Birmingham Daily Post - Wednesday 15 January 1890
- 1922 British Industries Fair Advert clxvi; and p59
- 1947 British Industries Fair p204
-  Stanton Instruments Website