Leamington Lift Bridge (Edinburgh)
Gilmore Park (road), Edinburgh
A small electrically-operated lifting road bridge over the Union Canal. Located near the current terminus of the canal.
Designed c.1906 by Sir W G Armstrong-Whitworth for the North British Railway. It was originally located a short distance away, taking Fountainbridge (road) over a canal branch just north of where the canal now terminates. After the branch was filled in, the bridge was relocated to its present site in 1922.
See CANMORE entry for more information, photos, and maps