Liverpool Electric Supply Co
1882 Messrs. Holmes and Vaudrey commenced business in Liverpool as Civil Engineers
1883 They formed the Liverpool Electric Supply Company Limited.
1883 Set up a dynamo driven by a gas engine in Eberle Street. Erected a generating station in Rose Street.[1]
1887 Another station was built in Tithebarn Street
1888 Another station was built in Harrington Street. Tithebarn Street was extended and neighbouring property acquired in Highfield Street.
1890 The Rose Street station was shut down; the load was transferred to the Harrington Street station.
1890 The Oldham Street station was constructed
By 1891 The company had three central stations - Highfield Street being the most complete. A round-the-clock supply was delivered.
1891 For description of the works see 1891 The Practical Engineer
1892 A station was built at Lark Lane to serve the Toxteth Park area.
1895 A new station was built at Paradise Street; the Harrington Street station was closed.
1896 The Corporation of Liverpool purchased the undertaking of the Liverpool Electric Supply Company, including the generating stations at Highfield Street, Paradise Street, Oldham Street and Lark Lane. The total capacity was 4MW.
As demand increased, it was necessary for the Corporation to build two larger power stations, not least because of the demand of the Tramways which had been taken over by the Corporation in 1897; these new stations were located at Pumpfields and Lister Drive.