Liverpool Gas Co
1816 The Liverpool Gas Light Co was established
1914 Name changed to Liverpool Gas Co
1934 The company had six works, of which the Garston Gas Works was the most recently built. Other works included those at Eccles Street and Caryl Street, and Wavertree Works.
By 1935 the Company had absorbed: Chidwall Gas Company (1914), Fazakerley (a Liverpool Corporation, 1915), Hightown Gas Company (1925), Woolton Gas Company (1926), Huyton and Roby Gas Company (1933), Formby Gas Company (1935).
1949 On Nationalisation the Liverpool Gas Company was vested in the North Western Gas Board.