1798 The works belonging to North's Navigation Co were founded
1871 Llynvi Coal and Iron Co owned a large integrated ironworks at Maesteg.
1872 Formed into the Llynvi Tondu and Ogmore Coal and Iron Co.
1878 Losses accumulated until the company's debenture holders opted for voluntary liquidation in January 1878.
1889 the property was purchased by Colonel North for £350,000. He abandoned the iron works, converting the undertaking into a coal company under his name.